Like most bloggers, i have seen, heard and read some of these posts in the last week or so, The 50 Random Facts about you. I was so sure i wasn't going to take part and give in to it, but after having read a few of them, i am entitled to say i was wrong and i am about to write a 50 Random post myself, as i find them so interesting.
Here's why i think they are great, to me, each blog has its own author and each author has their own personality so by having a random post it means, we, the readers get to know a little more about you, which is ALWAYS a great thing. I really do think the best blogs have tons of personality inserted into them, and i cant think of a better way of getting to know each other then through this kind of post, even if it has been retweeted, posted and talked to death about.
Here we go..
50 Random Facts all about me..
1. I read over 20 books last year!
2. I am the biggest fan of Danny Davito, i love all his films, the way he's short and stumpy and his comic timing, it's perfection :)
3. I'm one of those girls that ACTUALLY enjoys watching football, weather LIVE in the stadium or on the TV.
4. I have a golden Labrador named Bella Luna, She is beyond cute and hyper.
5. I am obsessed with Jack the Ripper and have even made my boyfriend take me to White chapel so i could walk down some of the roads he attacked on. *Freak*
6. I am the biggest wimp ever in the world, i refuse to watch any type of horror film, such as "Saw" or "The hills have eyes", anything like that, but yet I'm attracted to anything to do with Jack the Ripper!
7. All i need in this life, food wise.. is GRAPES! I could live quiet happily with just grapes, Green grapes though, not red.
8. My all time favourite film is DIRTY DANCING, yes I'm such a chick, yes i had a massive crush on Patrick Swayze because of this film, and YES i know every single dance, every song and every line, word for word to do with this film, "you just put your pickle on every body's plate, college boy and leave the hard stuff to me" :)
9. I hate my nose and my nails the most on my body, my nails are little stumps, which would explain the acrylics i wear most of the time and my nose is just disproportionate to my body, i also broke it once when i was younger. I ran into a metal pole, cause I'm a cool kid like that.
10. Sometimes when I'm in a car listening to music, i imagine that I'm a film and i act out scenes in my head. Am i alone?!
11. When i was younger, i used to do Ice-Skating, and by do, i mean it was my religion, i wanted to be an ice-skater.. i would go 3 times a week and had my own ice-skating instructor, i don't know why i stopped, and its something i will always regret!
12. Speaking of sports, as a teen i did swimming religiously too, and had a swim coach who once told me "If you carry on like this girl, you could end up training for the Olympics, no dream is ever too big" Urm, REGRET that even more! Booooo.
13. I have cereal every morning for breakfast and every night before bed too, in some ways I'm just like a baby!! :P
14. My mum left me when i was 19, she just took off, and left my sisters in my care, the youngest was ten years old. I've raised them with help from my dad.
15. My dad is a real hero in my life, as he truly is the definition of how people can change.
16. I'm such a night owl, and hate mornings, like they are really the bane of my existence.
17. I work in a primary school as a Teaching Assistant, but that's not what i went to college and studied. In fact, i did journalism and my dream job was basically the same job that "Jenna" has in the film "13 going on 30" :)
18. I was born in the south of Portugal, in Faro, which is beautiful, then i moved to the centre, Lisbon, then after 3 years there i moved to France and lived there, then finally i moved to England and settled here.
19. Speaking of moving, it was between Australia and the United Kingdom that my parents discussed before we officially moved, Australia took a little longer to reply so we thought we wouldn't get granted access into the country and decided to move to the UK, it wasn't till we were here for 3 months, that Australia wrote to us saying we had been granted full permission..but by then, my parents were already settled and didn't want to uproot again. This is something that still saddens me. The thought of growing up Aussie style and never having got the chance :(
20. Sleep is probably my favourite past time ever, that, and reading.
21. I have a thing for the era 1920's till the era 1970's and i genuinely think i was born in the wrong time period. I should have been born in between those years and i would have got to wear the amazing clothes they did, i would of been able to dance to the amazing music they had and just be a part of that whole time period!
22. I have always loved Jennifer Lopez, and if i had to choose between Beyonce and J-lo, Jennifer wins every time.. idol!
23. I'm such a Harry Potter nerd, that i think it literally was one of the best story ideas for anyone to have ever come up with, and i think J. K. Rowling, deserves every penny for it, as its truly genius.
24. Growing up i looked like Alexa Vega when she was in the films "Spy kids", not going to lie, we had the same face shape and feature shapes, it was kinda scary but totally cool too as a kid.
25. I have a book that is my wedding dairy, and i write down and stick down all the ideas for what i would want at my wedding, and yes, my boyfriend knows this book exists! :P
26. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins, but part of me is terrified, i know their not sharks, but i cant help but think of the "Jaws" theme tune.
26. My celebrity crush male wise is, Enrique Iglesias, Channing Tatum and Johnny Depp. Female wise its, Charlize Theron, Shay Mitchell and Vanessa Hudgens.
27. I have 2 tattoos and still want at least one more, i have the place i want it, now i just have to think about what i want.
28. I have my belly button pierced and both my ears pierced twice, i still want more piercings on my ears though. haha
29. I think Michael Jackson was amazing at his music and i miss the fact we will never have another great song of his.
30. I've only ever had stitches once, and that was on my chin, when i face planted the floor and fully smashed my jaw open! It was not pretty.
31. I have a slight crush on Mr Alan Rickman, when he is in Professor Snape costume and mode. "Cringe" haahaa
32. I have at one time or another had, a Bebo, a Hi5, a Myspace, a Facebook, a Tumblr, a Blog, a Formspring, a Youtube, a Pinterest, a twitter, and an Instagram account, now, that's what you call socially savvy! :)
33. I once wrote a whole script for a film, this would include character backgrounds and everything. The film was of a boy and girl hunting for treasure in the Grand Canyon. I was a creative child..
34. I would love to have an Australian boy as a best friend.. mostly because i just want to hear him talk all day. Ok, Ok, i may have a slight thing for the Australian accent :) Liam Hemsworth you about and busy? you looking for a new Bestie?! :)
35. I love Ikea a bit too much, sometimes i go there just to browse the show rooms they have set up and i end up leaving, having not brought anything but feeling completely satisfied inside.
36. One Tree hill, Lost, Friends and Charmed have been the best TV shows to come out of America. EVER. PERIOD. (The walking dead, is my new favourite).
37. I love cartoon films, and as for Disney, Well..I'm all over that. Finding Nemo and Toy story are 2 of my favourites.
38. I always have to have a glass of water by my bed when i sleep, weather i'm staying in my house, or my boyfriend's or even in a hotel. Beginning to think i sound like an old lady here.
39. I was one of the few people, who LOVED it, even though i knew it was terrible writing, it was also my guilty pleasure, and by that ladies and gents..I'm talking about the 50 Shades Trilogy.
40. I'm still not completely over Heath Ledger's death, and i don't think i ever will be. It was a tragic loss to the world, not just the acting world, but the world in general, and it still leaves me very sad. I was and still am a HUGE fan of his work. :(
41. I can rap out the majority of Eminem's raps. I think they are so smart and witty and genuinely feel like a true gangsta as i rap them.. hand gestures included.
42. I think puppies are gorgeous and cute, if you don't include those freakishly little ones that girls insist on carrying around in their bags like their 14 years old, even though, they are grown women. When i get my own place with Danny, i want a Samoyed dog to add to Bella. :)
43. Pizza is deffo one of my favourite foods, Double pepperoni, with mushrooms OMG, I'm in heaven.
45. I can get easily distracted when I'm supposed to be doing stuff, for example, if I'm supposed to be doing a blog post, I'm likely to get distracted by other Internet things! :)
46. When i was younger, my favourite shows ever were Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Sabrina the teenage witch and Home improvement! :) I was a cool kid.
47. I bunked, 2 GCSE's. Actually bunked them, like, just didn't bother to turn up. I'm not proud of this, in fact i regret it very much as it was two subjects i really enjoyed, and I'm not saying its okay to do that.. but i guess it gives you an insight into what i was like in my school days! :/
48. When I'm sick, literally laying on the sofa, cant move kinda sick, i always watch old films, my favourite has to be "Singing in the rain", but i also loved "Call me madam".
49. I love listening to old music, Frank Sinatra was amazing, and his music still lives on, i have also already picked the song, that will be my first dance at my wedding and this also involves Frank. (Did i mention, that I'm not engaged or anything :P)
50. I hate painting my nails, its like the biggest chore for me and i find it so boring!! As a blogger that occasionally posts about beauty, that's a bit of a disgrace, but i hate it.
Pheww, there you go, 50 Random facts about me, it has taken me the longest time to write this post up and if I'm honest its been in the drafts for well over 2 weeks, but i just haven't had time to get around to it.
I hope you enjoyed discovering a little more about me.. I've read loads of good posts like this already, but would love you to link me to your 50 random facts below so i could leave a little comment! :)